Thursday 28 April 2016

Project development

Thinking in depth about the composition of my photographs, I have planned certain aspect which I will intend to make consistent through my photographic essay.


Coloured image:
 Initially I considered making all my photographs black and white, to draw the attention of my audience to the most important element of the photographs, the person and the technology. But I feel that coloured image would be more appropriate in helping me to depict to my viewers aspect such as historical context, social context and to present environmental and situational components such as what the subject is doing? where is she?


Framing:
I want my framing to be consistent throughout my photographic essay, I did want to experiment with close up shots but I think it will be a lot more effective and have much more appeal as a narrative essay if all the shots are consistent in how they capture the subject, from the same slight high angle and a mid shot showing the subject and her surroundings without being a long shot. I want to use the surroundings as the punctum element of my work, making the photos interesting to the audience.

Composition:
I want to compose my photos in a way that it can be seen that my subject is aware of the photographs being taken but there is no direct address made between the subject and the viewer. I do not intend to break the fourth wall in my work



No comments:

Post a Comment