Monday 11 April 2016

Identity of Brighton: Seafront


After deciding very early on that I was more interested in portrait photography and focusing on this, I decided it might be interesting to explore other options and look at landscape photography. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

 My focal point was on the identity of Brighton, especially from a tourist perspective we would consider Brighton Pier to be a crucial part of Brighton's identity so I decided to start there. The weather and time of day I chose to photograph in gave me conditions where natural light was limited, I was conflicted by this when actually taking the photos- but in hindsight, I am really pleased with the outcome. There is something dark and pretty about the composition of these photos with the synthetic light from the Brighton pier sign creating a gloomy aesthetic to some of the photos.


Despite this photo being quite dark, I really like the way the colours have come out in it and that a seagull has disturbed the makeup of the photo, I think it keeps nicely with the aesthetic of Brighton.


 I later ventured further into the empty back streets of Brighton where I found a much more grungy feeling mood, I think this is presented in my last few photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment