Monday 4 April 2016

Photography Introduction

Having no solid level of understanding of photography aside from a leisurely sense, taking on this module will be a challenge for me. I am much more experienced in being behind a film camera, with moving image. Despite this I am very interested in creating photographs in an art sense rather than vernacular photography such as capturing moments with my friends and family.

Here are the kinds of photos I have taken, previously. It is evident that I have not made artistic/creative decisions in taking these photographs. They are mostly just casual and to capture memories or for fun.






In these sorts of photos you can see that I have taken into consideration elements such as composition, lighting, focus, framing, content and mood- often there is blurring in movement where I haven't thought about shutter speed and often elements don't line up properly because I haven't given the photograph structure or used a proper focus pull. I hope throughout this module there is a clear improvement in my photograph taking in an academic sense and in my camera roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment