Monday 25 April 2016

photographer research: Henrik Knudsen

Knudsen is a photographer from Denmark who is based between London  and New York. His focus in photography tends to revolve around metropolitan life. He finds a lot of inspiration in cinema. This is reflected in his work which shows strong elements of character development and narrative. 'When Harry met Sally', New York City. From the ongoing 'On Location' series, depicting famous movie locations as they are today.

His work communicates messages of person and place which is something which I find very interesting and I will take inspiration from his work in this sense.He has used travel as a base for his photography work. Knudsen's work would be appropriate for me to look at as his story telling style will be useful in its format to me as the brief takes the form of a photographic essay.




I really like his projects which focus on individuals and show development in identity and character. This is definitely something to consider when taking photographs for my final essay. I like how it is clear that the subjects of these photos knows that they are being taken but the fourth wall is still there visually- no eye contact is made with the camera. This is the kind of style I will take with my portrait photographs.I also like the impact which the environmental factors play, they are really important visually in these photos. They make up a huge part of the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment