Monday 4 April 2016

First photos

After briefly getting to know the cameras we will mainly be using, which is a Nikon D7000. I was able to go out and explore the university campus to practice with it.
Here are some of the photographs I took initially.





 I found very quickly that I was much more interested in capturing people on campus than the architecture and weather, this might be something to consider when choosing ideas for my photographic essay. I would further like to explore portrait photography in the future.
In contrast to any photographs I have taken in the past, in these photos, it is clear that I am starting to make concious decisions regarding factors such as composition and content. I still need to think more about shutter speed, lighting and focus and how to use these to my advantage. I love how through content, we are given clues concerning things such as the weather and season shown and I think that even through just these few images, you can guess that they have been taken on a university campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment