Tuesday 5 April 2016

Focus on Nature: TREES

I decided to take advantage of the leafless trees before spring fully kicks in because I think the twisted branches of trees make for very interesting structure within photographs. The dark colour of tree bark makes a very visually pleasing aesthetic against the contrasting white/blue background of the sky. So I focused on this, trying to capture nature through the bare winter trees, which often in the photographs lay against a bright spring background. This was very interesting to work with. I am starting to grasp the concept of shutter speed, I didn't need to use a fast shutter speed to capture sharp images of the trees/bark because they aren't moving, funnily enough.

I really enjoyed capturing the earthy tones in pictures.  When testing my camera and trying to capture an image of a large tree against a backdrop of clouds, it was clear that my understanding and use of aperture is not yet perfected as I ended up with a plain white picture, where the clouds had just bled across the structure of the tree.







I like my composition in the images which have a really strong contrast between the trees crooked, winding branches and the light fluffy sky.

I really like how to texture of the trees is reflected in some of these images. I can almost feel how rough the bark feels through this image. I like how this is communicated. I still need to practice my focus pull skills as sometimes I haven't fully grasped all of the detail in a sharp enough way.




No comments:

Post a Comment