Monday 2 May 2016

Shoot 4

I asked my subject, if I could photograph her whilst she was eating dinner. She asked what room and I told her I had no preference and that she should just eat whereever she usually does. Interesting that it turned out to be in her bedroom. She has turned out to be a great multi-tasker- watching gossip girl, eating and social 'media-ing'.
 I experimented through these images, trying to roughly use the rule of thirds to capture the three key elements; the human, the technology and the day to day task being interrupted/sculpted by the technology (in this case eating dinner).
 I used a medium shutter speed to shoot these photos as there was no fast movements being captured. I used a medium aperture as well to try and keep detail from the background but also giving some focus to the key elements of the photograph.
 As sad as it sounds I think these pictures perfectly capture the loss of enjoying the moment. She was constantly trying to focus on all these different things instead of just enjoying her pizza. This communicates really well through these photographs.

I have chosen to capture her from a slightly heightened angle to highlight the negative and shocking message which I am trying to convey with these photos. The subject is lost amongst her technology. I am trying to show her in a vulnerable light which I feel the angles I chose to shoot from were appropriate and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment